Friday, April 27, 2012

End of an Era…


NKU has been a true home for me. The people I met, accomplishments I’ve achieved, and memories I’ve made will not be forgotten anytime soon.  It really has been a fantastic ride.

Anyone in college should make the most of their resources. It really is about becoming ready for life, not solely education. The Political Science Department, in particular, does everything possible to help ensure just that. I have had a number of personal experiences with many folks in the department.  Professor Braden helped me countless times with internships and work experience. Dr. McKenzie helped me with an NCAA student athlete postgraduate scholarship. I had the pleasure of attending a Kids Voting NKY event with Dr. Reilly.  I cannot speak for other places or departments, but I can say with conviction that I have built personal relationships with multiple people in the NKU Political Science Department. This is a huge educational advantage.

As the semester comes to a close this time, graduation comes with it. I am nervous for the change, but prepared. It was the leadership and guidance of those who I have spent most time with who I attribute that to. While the classes were important, I will always remember the life lessons I learned. That is what gave me the extra edge as I end this chapter in my life. ~ Kevin Donnelly
Kevin Donnelly, Dr. Shamima Ahmed and Jeffery Weckbach as they are acknowledged for receiving University Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment